Sunday, February 14, 2010

Stampin' Up! I {Heart} Hearts : Happy Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
I wanted to share this card I made for my sweetheart of a husband using the I{Heart} Hearts set. I have mentioned before that he really likes my distressed-look, earthy cards so that's what I used for inspiration for this one.
The base is Old Olive cardstock topped with a layer of designer paper from the Welcome Neighbor pad which is one of the free offerings during the Sale-A-Bration promotion with a $50 product order. The Wood Sheet is cut with the Big Shot and the Top Note Bigz Die and stamped with hearts from the set in Soft Suede. The circle is cut from Vellum Cardstock with my Circle Scissors Plus and inked with Old Olive Classic Ink. The three hearts were stamped on Very Vanilla Cardstock in Old Olive, Dusty Durango, and Night of Navy Classic Inks. I added two buttons threaded with Hemp Twine as an accent. The sentiment is from Chit Chat Rub Ons.

All supplies from Stampin' Up! and can be purchased HERE.

Hope you enjoy your day with your loved ones! ---Lisa

Inklings:
  • Chit Chat (111804)and Chat Room(117199) Rub Ons are awesome to have on hand for your cards. There are tons of sentiments in each set...a sheet in Whisper White and an identical one in Chocolate Chip in each pack. A great buy at $10.95!
  • I used a Stampin' Sponge to ink the edges of the hearts, Top Note, card base. Really adds to that distressed, vintage look.

No comments: