Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Stampin' Up! Story... Lisa Brown

About five years ago, I decided to start scrapbooking. This came out of a need to do something with all the photos and mementos my girls had collected throughout their years in high school. Once I began, I was driven. I loved it! And, my girls really appreciated the work I put into my layouts.
I guess it must have been around April of 2006, that my daughter's friend invited us to a in-home party for a company her sister had become affiliated with...some company called Stampin' Up! I was really skeptical. I was sure I had everything I needed for scrapbooking; I wasn't interested in rubber stamps. But, I went and had a really fun time, created a cute card, and ordered a few things to add to my supplies. When my order came in, I was really excited. This was so much fun! I went to another party and placed another order...I was hooked.
In October 2006, my demonstrator e-mailed me with information on a discount on the Starter Kit. I looked it over and decided this would be a great way to get lots of the supplies and stamp sets I was wanting at a great price and order my supplies at a discount...but me?... be a demonstrator and hold workshops and classes...not me. ;)
It was like Christmas when my Starter Kit arrived and I began making cards, sending them to my friends and family...everyone loved what I was doing. I even showed off my creations at work and before I knew it, I had two friends that purchased the Starter Kit at the same great promotional price. A few weeks went by and my demonstrator( my upline), suggested that I conduct a workshop that she had scheduled with a mutual friend. I couldn't do that! Me? Hold a workshop???!!! but....but...
But, I did and the rest is history!
(Thanks so much, Kerrie, for that little push!)
I have made so many wonderful friends and met so many people through my involvement with Stampin' Up! I have two stamp clubs with some awesome ladies that meet once a month in my home and I hold workshops, classes, and have done a birthday party for a friend's daughter.
Quite amazing for someone who said "not me". And, for the record, I am having a blast!

Thanks for taking the time to read my story! Have a great day!---Lisa :)
Inklings:
  • Starter Kit is 15% off now! Interested? Read more about it here.
  • Questions? Email me: lisa@inkandinspirations.com

No comments: