Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic Symbols: Stampin' Up! Style

With the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics just hours away, I was inspired to create this card in honor of this world event. I decided to recreate this Olympic symbol of the five interlocking rings which was designed in 1912 by by Baron Pierre de Coubertin, the founder of the modern Olympic Games. Read about it HERE.
I punched 1" circles from five colors that I thought matched closest: Brilliant Blue, Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Black, Garden Green, and Real Red. Then, I centered my 1 1/4" circle punch over the 1" OPENING to punch the ring. I cut a slit in each ring to interlock and I attached to the Whisper White base with Mini Glue Dots.
I'm looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies tonight. (8 PM, Eastern Time) What a journey for these athletes...the best in the world! Such an accomplishment just to take part in this event! I hope you'll have time to watch and cheer them on!

Let the games begin...

No comments: