Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Something Old, Something New: Stampin' Up! Vintage Flurry

I was really excited when I found this big Felt Flurry (the "old") in my card making embellishment stash!
I combined it with the new and currently available Candy Cane Christmas Specialty Designer Paper from Stampin' Up!, along with the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper and a beautiful Vintage Brad.
The Presto Patterns piece was sponged with Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, and Early Espresso to make the designs pop! I even sponged the flurry a bit. :)
Love the snowflake?...other current options for you... the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip(120901) is gorgeous and the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder creates a beautiful impression on our card stock!
These and other Stampin' Up! products are available in the online store.

Supplies for this project:
Stamps: Many Merry Messages-116586
Paper: Soft Suede-115318 card stock, Candy Cane Christmas Specialty Designer Paper-120809, Presto Patterns Specialty Paper-117175
Ink: Soft Suede-115657
, Early Espresso-119670, Baja Breeze-111833 Classic Inks
Accessories: Antique Brads-117273, Stampin' Sponges-101610

5 comments:

Clays said...

When you say "sponged" how can you do that without making a huge mess??

Lisa Brown said...

Ink up your sponge and start off the paper or card stock and work your way on. Use a circular motion...don't try to get the intensity that you want initially. Just keep adding ink and repeating until you get the desired look. If using several colors,start with your lightest color first.
Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll try to do a video soon.

latricia said...

love the card and the new fall look of your blog.... awesome as allways !

Designs and Expression said...

This is a great card Lisa, I love it!!

Clays said...

I think I have it in my mind. I always love seeing it in action though, too. I'll start practicing!