Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Taking Scrap-Worthy Photos

It's that time of year when families travel and take photos of their vacations to preserve the memory.
Today, I'd like to share a few tips that I have found helpful and also make great photos to add to scrapbook pages. I am no expert...these are just some tips that have worked for me.

1) Try to catch those candid moments...the kids interacting with others, a reunion embrace of a friends or family members, facial expressions of those experiencing the beauty of nature...

2) When taking shots of scenic views with others in the photo, have the subjects either to the right or left in your view finder rather than standing in front of the view.

3) It's fun to photograph your meals in a special restaurant. I remember taking shots of our fabulous desserts from Serendipity 3 in NYC (we ordered THREE so we could share and sample all of them). I then took another shot of the empty dishes as we finished. The time stamp was active on my camera and I kid you not...we devoured those desserts in a little over three minutes!!! Fun and delicious memory!

4) I find that I take way too many shots of the same scene! Be mindful of that.

5) If the locals are willing, take photos of and/or with them. I took photos of my daughters posing with one of New York City's finest, the hot dog vendor on Wall Street, the makeover artist in Macy's, the street vendors in Chinatown, and the bakers in the Buttercup Bake Shop.

I hope these tips give you a few ideas for your next vacation. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words!

No comments: