Friday, March 12, 2010

Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings: Honoring the Girl Scouts of America

Good Morning!
Today is National Girl Scouts Day and I'd like to pay tribute to all the scouts and their adult leaders. This card is to celebrate the "wings" ---the skills--- these girls acquire through scouting to help "...make the world a better place." Find out more about the Girl Scouts here.
I created this card using the Top Note Bigz Die and the Big Shot. I folded a standard sized card and placed the fold just beneath the top cut on the die. The result is this fun -shaped note!
I cut a full Top Note from this little cloud print from the Welcome Neighbor paper pad(FREE with your $50 product order until March 31st!) and trimmed the top to match the top fold of my card. I used my Two Way Glue Pen and Chunky White Glitter to accent a few of the clouds. I also trimmed the card base so the Bermuda Bay base would peek out around the edges.
The butterflies were also cut with the Big Shot and the Beautiful Wings Embosslit. I sponged the butterflies with the corresponding ink colors and well as the edge of the card base. The sentiment was stamped with images from the Tiny Tags set that I colored with my Stampin' Write Markers. After punching this image with the Medium Jewelry Tag Punch, I pierced a hole for my Linen Thread that I used to tie it to the Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon. Makes a really cute little note card to send to a friend!

Get your supplies here in my online store.
Thanks for stopping by!---Lisa

Join My Team
Shop Online 24/7

Supplies:

No comments: