Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stampin' Up! Masculine Birthday Card

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Today is my dear husband's birthday and this is the card I designed especially for him. I knew that I wanted to use the Wood Sheets (116309) so I tried punching them with my 1 1/4"Square Punch(104400) and it worked like a charm! A little sponging in Soft Suede Classic Ink helps deepen the tone and accentuate the grain of the wood. I sponged Basic Black Classic Ink just on the edge of each square for definition.
The image is from Autumn Harvest Rub Ons (115731). I placed the entire image over the Wood Sheet squares but was careful to try and rub it only on the squares and not the spaces in between...my Adhesive Remover picked up the tiny bits that I wanted to remove.
Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) provided the Happy Birthday sentiment stamped with WhiteStazon(106960) on the Round Tab(108340) punched from Basic Black.

Order your supplies to make this card in the ONLINE STORE. These Wood Sheets are a must to have on hand for your hand-made masculine cards and projects!

Have a great day!---Lisa

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

excellent masculine card Lisa!!!

TrishG said...

Lovely. I love the colors. I would have never tried wood sheets for masculine. I don't have them and it wasn't very high up on my desire list. Something to think about...