Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stampin' Up! Vintage Ornament I Card


Hi everyone!
I wanted to share this card that my club members are making this month using the fabulous Decor Stencil, Vintage Ornaments I(117580, $14.95) set from the Definitely Decorative Catalog. The ornament is sponged with Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke; the embellishment with Encore Gold Metallic Ink(101017; $8.95). I thought the "Peace Love Joy" sentiment from the All Holidays (114916;$34.95) stamp set was perfect for this image. Try one of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous stencils for your next project! ...check them out here!
Inklings:
  • I used post its to mask off the areas of the image between the Encore gold and the Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke inks. I used a clean post it when changing colors.
  • It's best to heat set the Encore Gold ink. Dries slowly...but has such a beautiful effect!
  • To finish the look, I added Gold Brads and sprayed with the Champagne Shimmer Mist and rubbing alcohol combo spray...{in a small spray mister, fill 3/4 full with rubbing alcohol and a drop or two of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint(116806, $5.95) from the Holiday Mini, shake, then lightly spray your finished project for a beautiful, subtle shimmer!}
  • Use a Sponge Dauber to apply ink to intricate designs.

Stampin' Up! Supplies:

Stamps/Stencil:Vintage Ornament I, All Holidays

Paper: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla

Ink: Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke Classic Inks, Encore Gold Metallic Ink

Accessories: Stampin' Sponges, Sponge Dauber, Gold Brads, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Ticket Corner Punch, post its, Stamp-a ma-Jig

Thanks for stopping by! ---Lisa

Order anytime here and click on Shop Now!

No comments: