I just can't get my fill of creating these seasonal cards using the fabulous autumn collections from Stampin' Up! The focal point on this card is a rub on from the Autumn Harvest collection. The mottled background effect details are listed below in the Inklings...check it out and give it a try! You can order any of the products needed for this card from my website...24-7!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Saturday!--Lisa :)
- Mottled effect background details:
- You'll need a non-stick, non-porous surface such as a large stamp storage container or plastic place mat
- Apply ink pads directly to this surface ---you may overlap some colors...just ink it up randomly.
- Mist this inked surface with water, lightly...
- Press Whisper White CS onto this wet inked surface. I like to ink just one section of the paper , turn and ink again, overlapping some colors...just until I get the look I want.
- If I find that I need more color, I'll repeat the process. Just be sure not to oversaturate the paper...oversaturate???does that make sense?
- Let dry, then continue to embellish as you like. ( I painted lightly over the entire surface with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint...gives it a nice gleam (didn't photograph well!)
- Email me with questions! (I've seen other paper crafters use this technique and wanted to try it with my Stampin' Up! Classic Inks!)
All from Stampin' Up! unless indicated*:
Paper: Soft Suede, Whisper White, Autumn Traditions DSP
Ink: Ruby Red, Soft Suede, and Always Artichoke CSPs
Accessories: Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain, Autumn Harvest Rub Ons, water in a spray bottle*, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Stampin' Sponges