Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autumn Days Thanks

Hi everyone!

Once again I have used sponging and the emboss resist technique on this card featuring the fabulous set from Stampin' Up!...Autumn Days.
I began with a Crushed Curry panel and sponged all over but unevenly with Soft Suede. Then, using the negative image from the Sizzlets Little Leaves as a mask/stencil, I sponged Dusty Durango and Soft Suede leaves all over the card. Next was another "all over" sponging in Soft Suede . I then stamped the wheat image in VersaMark and used Glassy Glaze to emboss-- I wanted some good texture! And, finally, another sponging with Soft Suede followed by some spritzing with a Soft Suede marker using the Color Spritzer tool! So fun to make! The sentiment is from the Autumn Harvest Rub Ons collection.
Inklings:
  • Also seen on this card is the emerging color technique. The bottom layers of color show through the embossed image.
  • Negative images of die cuts can make for great tools when creating. The Little Leaves used on this card here are my favorite. Try this on your next card!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa

Supplies: Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Autumn Days
Paper: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry CS
Ink: Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, VersaMark, Soft Suede Marker
Accessories: Autumn Harvest RubOns, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Stampin' Sponges, Sponge Daubers, Glassy Glaze, Linen Thread, Color Spritzer

3 comments:

Amy said...

Again...gorgeous!! I love your work, Lisa!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Lisa - I agree this is gorgeous!!! Awesome looking technique!!! Hugs ~S~

Anthonette said...

Stunning card, Lisa! I actually said Wow when I looked at it.