Friday, October 16, 2009

Winter Post Hybrid-Christmas Card Countdown 3


Hi all!

Here's a Christmas card I created using using a digital element created in My Digital Studio and two great stamp sets from Stampin' Up! : Winter Post and Delightful Decorations. The sketch is courtesy of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 101.
The sentiment is "borrowed" from one of my favorite songs (and movies!) of the season, White Christmas. I did a search for the lyrics and inserted this phrase into My Digital Studio. I chose my font (MDS uses any font you have loaded onto your computer!) and then, chose the Stampin' Up! color to match my cardstock...Soft Suede! Love it! Easy peasy print it out and, voila!...a perfectly coordinated sentiment of my choosing for my card. Awesome!


The snowflake is from Winter Post and is white embossed and loaded with Dazzling Diamonds. The designer paper is from Christmas Cocoa Specialty in the Holiday Mini. Background on card base is stamped with a mini burst from Delightful Decorations and embossed with Irid. Ice.




The close up here shows a shimmery sparkle to the entire card. I mixed a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with Rubbing Alcohol in a mini spray bottle. This spray provides a wonderful effect for holiday cards. Shimmer Paint is available in the Holiday Mini!

All Products: Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Winter Post, Delightful Decorations
Paper: Soft Suede and Whisper White CS, Christmas Cocoa Specialty
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: My Digital Studio, White and Irid. Ice Embossing Powder, 1 3/4" circle punch, Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain, Stampin' Dimensionals
Inklings:
  • A sketch (or layout) is a great starting point for a card.
  • Try creating a holiday card in non-traditonal colors. I love the result here using only Soft Suede and Whisper White.
Thanks for checking in...Have you started your holiday cards?:)--Lisa

4 comments:

Jen said...

oh lisa! beautiful!! i love it! you're making me need a day to simply sit and play!!! great job!

Beate said...

Lisa, I love that you turned the sketch! Gorgeous card! Love the sparkles.
Thanks for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I totally love the layout of this card. I keep imagining it in red and white. Can I case it?

Jenny Gropp said...

love the little ribbon tag trio peeking out! great card!