Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Card of Hope




Good Tuesday to all!

I was inspired by a card made by Jennifer McGuire with this verse from Romans. I love using My Digital Studio (available October 1!) to add just the right verse or sentiment using the fabulous colors and images from Stampin' Up! I just chose my font ---MDS uses any of my fonts I have loaded on my computer--- and a frame from the aweseome array of stamp images that come with the program, selected the color (Soft Suede), printed on Very Vanilla CS, and then cut the image with my Paper Snips. I added Soft Suede sponging and some leaves using the negative image of my Sizzlits Little Leaves as a mask using Dusty Durango and Soft Suede applied with a sponge dauber.


The tag behind the main image is one we made in my No Stress Distressing Class last night using the Little Leaves mask, emboss resist, and sponging. Leaves from the Autumn Splendor set from the Holiday Mini were stamped in Soft Suede on the sponged Dusty Durango mat behind the tag. Hope you like this hybrid card using both digital and stamped images!

Thanks for stopping by!---Lisa :)

Inklings:


  • My Digital Studio is an awesome and versatile program. I am going to love it for hybrid creations such as this one!

  • Save those negative images after cutting with your Big Shot! These are wonderful to use to add a special touch to your creations. Use your sponge daubers, lightly ink, and pounce over your mask (stencil). You'll have a wonderful surprise awaiting beneath on your cardstock!
All supplies from Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Autumn Splendor
Paper: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla CS
Ink: Soft Suede, Dusty Durango Classic, VersaMark
Accessories: My Digital Studio, Crop a Dile, 1/2" circle punch, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Little Leaves negative image as a mask, Glassy Glaze, Color Spritzer Tool, Soft Suede Marker

2 comments:

Nellie Mae said...

Love this card Lisa!

Anthonette said...

Hi Lisa, love that you made a hybrid card. Gorgeous! I love that it uses the fonts you have on your computer.