Hi All! Here's another card using the new Razzle Dazzle set from the 2009- 2010 Idea Book and Catalog. I used some scraps I had left over from my last card to create this birthday card for my sister in law. The new In Colors are so pretty and here I have used Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo. The recipe is:
- Crushed Curry card stock is cut in half at 5 1/2" on the long side. The finished card will measure 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
- Stamp the main floral image with Crushed Curry ink on the Crushed Curry card base front at offsetting intervals to make a tone on tone background. (*You can use a Stamp a Ma Jig for exact placement.)
- Stamp the same floral image on a scrap piece Melon Mambo, then punch with 1 3/8th" circle punch. (Faux stitching around circle with white gel pen.)
- Stamp small "stem-less" blossom on scrap Whisper White---five in Melon Mambo, five in Crushed Curry. Punch these out with the 1/2" circle punch.
- Adhere these "blossom" circles to the back of the stamped Melon Mambo circle all around the edge. Sponge edges of these with Melon Mambo.
- Ink "striped" background stamp. (* you can ink up your stamp on your lightest color pad (Crushed Curry) and add accents with your markers...here, Melon Mambo. Stamp on Whisper White then cut out.
- Stamp sentiment on this striped image and sponge edges. I added a stemmed flower cut out as an accent.
- The Melon Mambo rectangle measures 3 x 2 and has faux stitching around the edges. Ribbon is cut to approx. 9" and tied around this piece. Trim as desired.
- Attach all elements to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by! ---Lisa
* I'll be away for the Fourth Weekend, but I'll be back on Monday! Have a great weekend! Be sure to check out the new Idea Book and Catalog...you're gonna love it!