Thursday, June 4, 2009

For My Dad and Blog Candy Reminder

Good morning everyone!
First, I want to remind you to click here for a chance at some of my birthday blog candy! Today is my birthday...52! Woo hoo! Thanks to all of you who have posted birthday wishes!

Here is the card I made for my dad for Father's Day. Inspiration comes from Kristina Werner's MACM this week. It is a tri fold closed with a ribbon tied through two Jumbo Eyelets. Now, you'll notice in the photo is my Crafter's Tool Kit with the hammer and eyelet setter. I usually use my Crop-A-Dile for setting eyelets, but with what I wanted to do here...it just wasn't working this time. I needed to punch a hole in the center section . So I pulled out my Tool Kit, pulled out these babies, and voila!...easy as pie...punched the hole right where I wanted it! First time to use it and it is on the day that Stampin' Up! announces that the kit is on the Last Chance List! Have to say, I am glad I have it for times like these!

The card features the Parisian Breeze DSP that is also bidding its farewell as well as Valet Ribbon Originals.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to post here for your chance for my birthday blog candy!

Have a great day!---Lisa :)

Stampin' Up! Supplies:

Stamps: Jumbo Outline
Paper: Choc Chip and Baja BreezeTextured CS, Parisian Breeze DSP
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Valet Ribbon Originals, Jumbo Eyelets, Crafter's Tool Kit, Crop-A-Dile, 1 3/8" Square punch, Clear EP, Heat Tool

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a gorgeous card...can't go wrong with those colors!

Happy birthday too!

Anthonette said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Feliz Cumpleanos! Hope you are having a special day.

Beautiful card inspired by the great Kristina.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very nice!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! Love the earthy colors for the "dad" card!