Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Something Old, Something New: Holly Tag

Good day all!
Today, I wanted to share a peek of a Christmas banner that I am creating for a local charity auction. The tag element is what I'd like to point out.

The "old": Hodgepodge Hardware tag
The "new": Bells and Boughs w:120831, c: 121142, Basic Rhinestones-119246

This hardware piece was antique brass. I pressed my VersaMark ink pad along the edge and embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. I stamped the holly in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla card stock then traced the hardware window onto the card stock and cut it out. The image is adhered to the back side of the tag with Tombow Mono Multi glue.

Next, the self-adhesive rhinestones were placed over the stamped berries then colored red with a permanent marker. :) Seam Binding Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler is attached on top.

Although this particular hardware is no longer available; our Styled Silver or Styled Vanilla Hardware has some beautiful pieces which you can also emboss in gold! Try it out and email or enter a comment here if you have questions!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Can't wait to see that banner Lisa - it's looking very interesting.
Mary

Lisa Brown said...

Thanks, Mary! I posted it Wednesday, Nov. 17th!