Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trendy Thursday: Signs of Peace; Stampin' Up! Style

I've been seeing peace signs everywhere lately and found this Signs of Peace Challenge in the Moxie Fab World over on the Moxie Fab blog and just had to give it a go!

I didn't have any "feeling groovy" or peace sign stamps so I had to come up with my own version. Just love a challenge, don't you?

I decided to use some of my Window Sheets-114323 to create peace sign masks for the background layer of my card. I free-handed three of the symbols (as you can tell!) and cut them out with my Hobby Blade-102449 and Paper Snips. I used one of my new, really cool files from the Distressing Kit-118762 to sand down the edges. Using Dotto-103305 repositional adhesive, I adhered the masks to the Whisper White-100730 card stock. I sponged my inks Pacific Point-111837, Tangerine Tango-111834, and Old Olive-102277 to create a tie-dyed effect. Talk about a blast to the past!

The Simple Letters-115960 were cut with my Big Shot-113439 and I added some "flower power" with my Signo Gel Pen - 105021! Groovy!

Thanks for stopping by!
Peace out, Baby! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have any peace signs either, glad to see another rise to the challenge! ^5

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for entering the Signs of Peace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lisa Brown said...

Thanks, Sandee and Cath! Such a fun challenge...brought back lots of memories!

Anthonette said...

I big congrats on being one of the winners, Lisa! I didn't notice your name when I looked at this last week. It's Moxie Fab!