Thursday, September 3, 2009

SC244 So Thankful


Wanted to play along with the sketch challenge this week on SCS so I made a quick card last night. I've used more of that beautiful Autumn Meadows Designer Paper from the Holiday Mini and Autumn Harvest Rub Ons from the big Idea Book and Catalog.

The teal base is textured with my Big Shot and the Harlequin plate from the Background Texturz I collection. I chose the houndstooth and grid papers from Autumn Meadows to keep with the geometric-like theme. That beautiful rub on branch softens the look of the card.

Inklings:
  • I am hooked on sponged edges...I think it makes the colors really pop! I sponge lighter colors first and build outward with the darker inks.

  • Add the button without the bow and this card goes from feminine to masculine... gotta love that!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!---Lisa :)

Click here if you'd like to place a Stampin' Up! order!

All supplies: Stampin' Up!

Paper: Taken with Teal CS, Chocolate Chip Textured CS, Autumn Meadows DSP

Ink: Choc Chip, Really Rust, and Taken with Teal Classic Stampin' Pads

Accessories: Background Texturz I, Autumn Harvest Rub Ons, Choc Chip Corduroy Buttons, Linen Thread, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot

3 comments:

Nellie Mae said...

So beautiful Lisa! I love the colors!!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous, I really love it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh - this is simply gorgeous - Lisa!!!! Love these beautiful colors :)!!! Hugs ~S~