Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mercy's Challenge MTSC 33



Fellow demonstrator, Mercy Kerin, is once again hosting a weekly challenge over on her blog, Lord Have Mercy. This week is a sketch challenge, which I love to use as a starting point for my card creations.

On this card, I've used the new Cast A Spell Designer Series Paper and the new Teeny Tiny Wishes and the tried and true, Baroque Motifs.


I have really been having fun playing around with distressing techniques using Stampin' Up! products. Here I've combined emboss resist with multicolor sponging and tone on tone sponging/embossing. I am working on a class that I will offer my customers in the next couple of months. The distressed look (on my cards; not on me!) is my husband's favorite look in my creations. His admiration and appreciation of my work inspires me to create more...he's so great and supportive!


If you have any questions you can contact me via e-mail. And, I really appreciate your comments...thanks so much for visiting!

Have a good one!---Lisa
****My new watermark was designed by Karen Giron. Love it!
Stamps: Baroque Motifs, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Cast A Spell DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede, Basic Black Classic Pads, VersaMark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Punches: 1 3/4", 1 3/8", 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Designer Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sponge Daubers

8 comments:

Unknown said...

lisa...this is stunning! love the distressed and vintage look of this beauty! great colors and textures!

thanks for playing along with my sketch this week, and i hope to see you again next week!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Sandi MacIver said...

Lisa this card is just absolutely beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us.

Debbie said...

Love this card I agree with Jackie this type of card is my favorite. I love the color the texture and everything about this card. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

wow Lisa what a great concept for this week's challenge. the purple is smack dab awesome and all that is going on is a treat for the eyes. Super great card!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Lisa - this is GORGEOUS!!! What a unique design - I love it!!! Fab take on the Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

~amy~ said...

gorgeous lisa..love your new watermark too!

Anonymous said...

so beautifull

i like this so much

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful!