Monday, June 1, 2009

Another challenge...Barely Bordering Eggplant




...on this first day of June! I found this Color Throwdown Challenge...colors I rarely use: Barely Banana, Bordering Blue, and Elegant Eggplant.

I didn't have even one scrap of Barely Banana so I substituted So Saffron. I still had this set (Embrace Life) from the previous challenge so I decided to just use it again.

I stamped the main image in Black Stazon, colored with my SU! markers, and then outlined with my Black Journaling Marker. As a last minute touch, I spritzed it with my Color Spritzer Tool and Bordering Blue Marker. The leafy pattern on the Eggplant BG is clear embossed. I had too much white space so I tried to fix that with the wrapped Linen Thread and So Saffron button.


I really enjoy these challenges...gives me a starting point. I hope to take advantage of quite a few this summer! Thanks for stopping by! ----Lisa
All products: Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Embrace Life
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Whisper White CS
Ink: So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue, Black Journaling Markers
Accessories" So Saffron button, Linen Thread

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very nicely done, Lisa! I love how you outlined your flower, and the twine adds some cool texture! Thanks for playing with us!
LeAnne

broni (waterchild12) said...

So glad you found us, Lisa! Like you, I rarely use these colors but I do like them together! Your card is so pretty! I really do like the wrapped linen thread! Thanks for playing with us!

Juliana said...

This is VERY pretty!!!!
I really like how you used the colors!!
Lovely layout, too!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

WOWSA! Thiss is GORGEOUS Lisa! Who would have thought that this colors are SO delish! Beautiful card!!