Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Timeless Template Creation




This is a first go using Lauren Meader's "From the Desk of" Timeless Template. Love it! The challenge was to create a template using a bath product as inspiration. My favorite is Sensual Amber by Bath and Body Works and I used that color scheme as inspiration for this project.


I wanted to make a note card set for our secretary (Administrative Assistant) at school for Administrative Professionals Dayand this is what I came up with. This went together so easily...can't wait to try it again. Sorry the photo is so dark....finished it last night about midnight and wanted to get a picture before I presented the gift.
The set includes 5 cards and envelopes, all different, but with the same sentiment, from a church hymn.
Let no one walk alone,
The journey makes us one.
I had the stamp custom made from Stampin' Up!...104540 Text Only Stamps - Classic, p. 149 of the current Idea Book and Catalog. The little bird image is from Fun and Fast Notes from Stampin' Up! and colored with Copics. The Designer Series Paper is the retired Autumn Vine from SU! and the template is constructed from Chocolate Chip Cardstock.
My friend at work was so appreciative...thanks to Lauren for a great template!
Thanks for stopping by today!---Lisa :)

10 comments:

WhimsicalThoughts said...

OMG Lisa, that's so pretty!!

~amy~ said...

Lisa, what a gorgeous gift!!!

Nellie Mae said...

Wow Lisa, this is so beautiful!! I didn't make anything like that for my secretary...I have been swamped the past couple of weeks. You are so sweet!!

Rose said...

Lisa - this is Fabulous! I love it!

*kathleen* said...

wow, I love that DP - beautiful set!

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! I love that! Sooooo pretty and clean :D Great paper choices

Anonymous said...

WOW! You did great with this challenge! Thank you Lisa for stopping by my blog. I SO appreciate your supportive comments!!! Hope all is going well:)

Doris said...

This is my first visit to your blog, and your cards are GORGEOUS! You've inspired me to get the Oval All set immediately! Your color choices are great, too.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow Lisa! This is beautiful! Don't you just love Lauren's templates? I didn't think I would use them, but boy do they come in handy!

Thanks so much for the nice comments you left on my blog! I really appreciate your kind words! {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

love these, love the colors!