Saturday, January 3, 2009

Inspired by Asian Art

I wish that I still had the photo of the Asian Art Piece that was the inspiration for this card. It was very simple in design and had lots of white space. This base is real red and the image on it is black embossed from the set Embrace Life. I trimmed a Whisper White Top Note Die to reveal a Basic Black Top Note as a mat.I sponged Creamy Caramel on the white and used my SU! Markers to color directly on the stamp image from Eastern Blooms. The sentiment is from All Holidays and I used my Horizontal Slot Punch to thread my 5/8" real Red Grosgrain through the Whisper White Top Note. Hope you like it!
All supplies: Stampin' Up!
Thanks for visiting today!--- lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's simple elegance Lisa! Very Beautiful.... I have that stamp set and never did anything with it. Actually I spent hours in my stamping-room yesterday going through alllllllll the stamp sets I have and was amazed at how many I have never used!!!!! Well, as of this week, they are goooooooooing!

~amy~ said...

Sooo pretty Lisa...I love anything that is asian inspired...gives you a sense of peace :)